Filling drill holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been tasked with putting up a new roller blind in the spare room. I took the old curtain rail down but the drill holes for the curtain rail are slightly further apart than where the blind holes need to be. The blind does not look right if I try to reposition it (either off center or too high/low).

What's the best remedy as I need to fill the existing drill holes and re drill close to them. Do I refill with mortar or something else?

Sponsored Links
if your new to decorating the easiest solution would be to fill the holes with window putty ,try to cram in as much as possible without overflow, then paint the the repaired patches then drill your new holes

Looking at the fittings, it looks like 1 hole will be a couple of mm to the side of one of the existing holes and the other hole will be located partly over the existing hole.

Sponsored Links
Ok
Drill your new holes for the rawlplugs.

Set them into P38 filler, this is a fast drying car body filler, you can get this in most car accessory shops, there are similar products in the sheds but P38 comes in more convenient sizes. Fill in the other hole at the same time as it will have probably merged into one big hole at this point.

Make sure your filler is going onto a sound base, hoover out any dust/debris and apply a pva mix if the plaster is crumbling.

I usually leave the repair shallow to allow for a top coat of a good quality interior filler, this is because P38 is quite hard to sand down and also it is pink in colour which can show through paint.

P38

http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/au...pon+isopon+p38+blister+pack+100ml/pid/1346856

Sorry if I am sounding a bit thick. Do I set the rawplugs into over sized holes i.e 10mm hole for 8mm plug or do I drill a 8mm hole?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back