Filling Gaps Between Stone & Coving ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an unusual one, but I have interior stone walls and am trying to find a solution to filling the gaps between the unevenness of the stone and the straight edge of the coving. Maybe I should have gotten a plasterer to make a smooth surface at the top for it to fit against, but then I'm not sure how a straight edge could have been made on such a wall.

Is there any product that anyone could recommend, that might be suitable to fill the gaps? Regular fillers like caulk, etc, are far too soft/liquidy and get all over the stones, fall out, etc.

I'm looking for something harder, maybe like warm blu-tack consistency that I can push into the gaps, but still be able to paint over. I thought possibly putty, but I've never used it before and I'm not certain what it's like. Also I heard it can't be painted over with emulsion?

IMG_20170907_192553.jpg

Sponsored Links
The only thing I can think of is some expandable foam inside the gap and bonding plaster on top. You would need to almost sculpt it in flattening the bottom flush to the coving as sanding it is a pain in that position. Though this would be a pain to remove in future incase you decide to remove the coving.

thinking about it you may not need the expanding foam, just the bonding may do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back