Filling in large areas chiselled out of floorboards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had some asbestos paper removed from my kitchen floorboards. It was welded on so they had to chisell out chunks from some of the floorboards. All under 10mm deep (possibly 5mm deep).

I'm going to be adding a 5mm plywood sub-floor for laying down Click Flooring planks. Though should I fill these areas in? Or will the sub-floor and thick vinyl planks be adequate support on top? I have a tub of skim plaster I was thinking of using on them. I realise the wood expands though would the plaster hold out ok underneath? Ideally would want some flexible filler though not sure where to get it in large amount.

WP_20180129_001.jpg

Sponsored Links
cheers footprints. I use this stuff for small filling its great but a pain to mix and really smelly. I think need something a bit more flexible like flexible calk but in a tub :)

You don't need a tub quantity - a mastic gun tube or 2 -just put a bead down and zig zag it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back