Filling loop issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester system boiler has dropped below 1 bar pressure and I would like to top this up. My filling loop is as shown below.

upload_2021-4-20_9-8-5.png

I assume that the lever valve at the bottom (next to yellow gas pipe) and the two smaller levers on the flexi hose need to be in the upright position for this to start filling up the system.

My issue is that, I can very easily operate the large lever valve and the smaller lever valve at the top of the flexi hose but I am unable to turn the smaller lever valve at the bottom of the flexi hose. I have applied a decent amount of pressure but no joy...
I noticed that it looks slightly different to the other valve.

upload_2021-4-20_9-11-39.png

Can you please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
you are correct it turns upwards,using a screwdiver remove the black lever and use an adjustable spanner or grips to operate it

Sponsored Links
What should the pressure ideally be at and is this affected by the heating being on/off at the time of filling up?

leave the heating off when filling up and take to between 1 and 1.5 Bar then close the valves again

Update

Attachments

• 97608ACD-AFB0-4022-821D-80757F300BEC.jpeg
    97608ACD-AFB0-4022-821D-80757F300BEC.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 71

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back