Filling loop ON or OFF position????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i boiler pressure guage reading >2bar and drips of water are visible going through tundish.

The filling loop is in place and I want to ensure that it is in the off position. So, does the tap part on the valve need to be parallel to the filling loop pipe or a quarter of a turn clockwise and sitting acriss the loop at 90 degrees?

Thank you very much for your replies - in know this sounds like a numpty question!

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
If you want to be sure the valve is working, remove the filling loop. It is meant to be removed when it is not used anyway.

Many thanks petit_pablo.

I have tunred the black tap by a quarter of a turn so that it is sitting in a position across the filling loop.

Does the pressure reduce by itself or do i press the red button under the boiler to drain water from it?

Thanks again.

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
So it's ok to just unscrew the filling loop at both ends from the pipework?

Mutley56

It is OK, assuming you have a typical braided steel covered hose. However, if you've left the loop on, things will get better now it is shut.

Relieve the excess pressure by opening a drainoff or a rad bleed screw. Don't use the red handle, that valve tends to lift once and then drip forever. And if I remember correctly, it is a pig to change on the 24i system boiler.....

Thanks simond,

I'll bleed some water from a radiator valve and just keep checking the pressure on the boiler.

I'll switch the boiler off at the control in the kitchen first.

Mutley56

Filling loop off.

Bled radiator - boiler pressure guage now reading 1bar.

No drips visible through tundish.

Thanks again petit_pablo and simond.

Cheers.

Mutley56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back