Filling Loop. What is this?

9 Jun 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me whether this a check valve on the fill loop. It's getting on 25 years old but still works fine. What are the ports for? One is capped TEST, would that be pressure test and, therefore, could I install a pressure gauge there as the pressure gauge currently resides on top of the boiler on the pressure relief valve and the fill loop is in the upstairs airing cupboard. Useful!
Sponsored Links
Looks like a check valve with the facility to test if it's working

At a guess, the top port looks like the position for a pressure gauge to be installed
it's NOT a reducing valve it is a check valve with a test port to make sure it works ;)
Sponsored Links
Another atupid question... how does one use the port to test whether the valve is working?! :?:
Apply pressure to check that the valve does not allow reverse flow
Just for completeness, I finally got around to fiddling, and the valve pictured is a double check valve with a test port in the middle. The other two ports hold the springs. Therefore, have to tee in a pressure gauge rather than using one of the ports as I'd originally hoped.
:whistle: 25 years later, I can finally fill up the system without having to run up and down the stairs like a lunatic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links