filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, newbie here, but have been on site loads for info!!
Question, I want to move boiler filling loop from under worktop to above.WHY cos I struggle to get up and down on my knees!! Thought by having loop nearer the boiler I could check pressure easier,rather than getting up and down. Boiler is a vaillant eco tec28 about 18months old and in a utility room so loop postion isn't really a prob.
Thanks all

Sponsored Links
1. You shouldn't have to alter the pressure more than 1 or 2 times a year. More frequent pressure loss suggests a leak which should be fixed.

2. If your main reason is wanting to be able to check the pressure regularly, consider getting someone to install a pressure gauge (they're only a few pounds) on the boiler return pipe somewhere above the work surface, or indeed anywhere else more visible.

hanks oldbuffer, no leaks, no probs, not really worked on a combi before, but thought the loop is pretty in accessible. Need to move a couple of rads soon, done it plenty of times on a conventional boiler, not on a combi, but looks easier, question coming soon!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back