Filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the correct postion to fit the DCV/Valves for the filling loop? I'm getting materials sorted out to upgrade my heating system. I will be fitting a vaillant 615 system boiler and vaillant unistor 155 unvented cylinder.

I know that one side has to connect to the return pipe of the central heating. Is there any particular place to tee into (eg as close to the boiler) and will a normal tee be survice or am I better to use a swept 90deg tee and guide the water a particular direction?

As for the other side, I've thought about the following options, but need confirmation of which are correct, if any.

1. Tee off the Balanced cold water supply which is after the pressure limiting valve combined with strainer which comes with the unvented cylinder.

2. Tee off the mains into something like a Honeywell VF06 Filling valve, then connect my filling loop to this. Or is this just wasting money.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Where is the correct postion to fit the DCV/Valves for the filling loop? I'm getting materials sorted out to upgrade my heating system. I will be fitting a vaillant 615 system boiler and vaillant unistor 155 unvented cylinder.

and you don't know how to fit a loop :eek:

its fitted to the mains cold inlet to the boiler and the return on the heating :idea: View media item 7013

I was wondering how long it would be before id receive a sarcastic remark. All I need now is someone to mention the competent word. Why can no one answer a simple question?

Kevplumb, answer me this. Are you a plumber?

yes :eek:

and heating engineer

and boiler engineer

as well as a pipefitter

depends which hat i have on

and it wasn't sarcasm

but you have to question the sanity of what your proposing to do

you are proposing to fit a gas appliance and a unvented cylinder

and you don't know where the filling loop goes

get real

better still get an understanding insurer :idea:

Sponsored Links
yes

and heating engineer

and boiler engineer

as well as a pipefitter

depends which hat i have on

Where is the correct position to fit the DCV/Valves for the filling loop? I'm getting materials sorted out to upgrade my heating system. I will be fitting a vaillant 615 system boiler and vaillant unistor 155 unvented cylinder.

I suppose it could be worse. I could get a Jack-of-all-trades, master of none to do it, that doesn’t know the difference between a combi boiler and a system boiler.

As you highlighted it "SYSTEM BOILER". Then you know what i'm installing.

its fitted to the mains cold inlet to the boiler and the return on the heating

Since when has there been a mains cold water feed going into a system boiler. I aint a heating engineer, boiler engineer or pipe fitter, but I know there's no mains cold water feed going into my vaillant 615 system boiler. Just a ch flow and return a gas pipe and a pressure relief discharge pipe.

Either you're a complete lunatic or this is a wind up, hopefully the latter. I'll be sure to keep an eye out in the papers for a house with a hole blown in the roof by an incorrectly fitted unvented cylinder...

Oh, and FWIW, I'm not a plumber or heating engineer, but it doesn't take one to see that you have nowhere near the experience required to undertake this work, nor the common sense to see that for yourself.

Could be a typical case of aka dp; nobody in his right mind would try to install gasfired boiler and an unvented cylinder with this little knowledge.
Got to be a wind up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back