Filling Loop- position ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I'm doing some mods to my sealed CH system I've considered moving the filling loop to a more convenient position. Especially as the Altenic magnetic cleaner kit just fitted came with new loop fittings. At present the loop is behind a heavy washing machine at floor level.
The instructions with the Loop fittings say it MUST be fitted to the boiler return, but for eminently practical reasons (a convenient accesible TEE at eye level) it would be esaiest to connect into the flow pipe. As the system is all at one pressure and often at the same temp- and is only in use for a few seconds per annum I'm asking what reasons are there for not connecting to the flow pipe ?

Sponsored Links
I did the change. It's now just above the floor standing boiler and into the Flow..I did notice a big change on doing a total refill and that is that the boiler and pump need much more initial air bleeding than the bottom fed position. But that might be nothing to do with which pipe it's into, but more to do with the higher position (it was at floor level before and striaght into the lower boiler connection) Just for info..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back