Filling old flue hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’ve had my boiler replaced recently and moved to a different room. I’m now left with a large hole where the flue used to be. I've duct taped over the hole on the inside temporarily just to stop draughts.

Looks like it was made with a bolster chisel and it’s significantly larger than the flue was and irregular in shape.

IMG_20191006_164019.jpg

IMG_20191006_164024.jpg

What would be the best process/materials to fill this in with?

Ordinarily I’d think it best to just knock the hole to the nearest whole bricks, then refill with new bricks, however this wall isn’t made of normal bricks, it’s these odd irregular stone effect bricks (Photo from a different part of the house - not sure what they’re called?) and rendered/pebbledashed over the top. No, I have no idea why someone would do that.

IMG_20191006_164101.jpg

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back