Filling or plastering around electrical sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I've recently had some sockets put into the through lounge and now there are some gaps around the sockets. What is the best way to fill the gaps and if there's any way I can do it myself, if so what materials should I use?

Photo_12-06-2017_18_17_13.jpg

Sponsored Links
There are few options on the material types that can be used. As the job is only a small one, I would opt for using a one cot plaster (this would mena you only have to apply the one coat product, rather than purchase a base and finish plaster). You may have to apply more than one coat of plaster though in deep areas. You will need a bucket to mix, a mixing tool and plasterer trowel.
Normally one coat plaster does not require the walls to be primed, but if you have any dry porous areas, it will not harm to apply a plaster primer.
Other than that follow the instruction on the product you use.

Couple of coats of easyfill should see you right

Sponsored Links
Looks like a picture from 'homes under the hammer'..........after the work has been completed.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Use Gyproc one coat plaster; It'll fill to 2". It won't give as smooth a finish as finishing plaster, but should be okay for what you're doing.

Are you able to turn off the power, and take off the socket, then tape up the wires. That'll make for a much easier job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back