Filling/Skimming a slight coving lip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Thanks for all your replies re: the aweful papering of my chimney breast, but now I have a new question...................!!! :rolleyes:

The "decorator" is coming in to re-paper next weds, so I want to sort out the slight lip I have between my plastered chimney breast, and the coving!
In places there is a slight lip, and in other places, no lip, so I want to fill/skim etc the gap, to make no lip at all (so it all looks the same)?

I asked my decorator to do this before hanging the paper, but he obviously ignored me - so now Im going to do it before he returns!

The lip is only a couple of mm in places, sooooooooo.......

What is the best filler/plaster etc etc to fill/skim such a job? :?:

The chimney breast is approx 120cm wide, and theres only a lip in some places - so what should I use? I have a float etc, so I dont mind having a go for now?!!!

I have tried to read up, but I have heard so many different suggestions, and now Im confused!!!??? :rolleyes: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Esi fil...you get it in bags from b and q..cheaper than polyfilla and easier to rub down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back