Filling the gaps !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have reboarded my ceiling to go over old artex. However in some places i have upto an inch gaps 10mm deep approx running between boards and also between the boards and the walls not being quite square. and too think to fix slivers of board onto

I have pva ed the boards and was going to use the mesh type of tape between the boards then plaster over with multi finish.however am i best to plaster the gaps up first round the edges and between boards, and if so can i use multifinish, or best off with browning or one coat (as its upto 10mm deep), then put the mesh tape over when its dry, re pva the jopints and then ready to skim the whole ceiling.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd fill up the gaps with bonding coat, then let it set, then put on the mesh tape,, as a matter of fact, i'd put on two layers of tape over wide gaps like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back