filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Simply does a central heating system fill itself via bleedling from the header tank? (not combi) or is much more involved ?.......help :(

Sponsored Links
If you have a header tank supplying the heating system, then yes, if you bleed a radiator the level in the header would drop, ball valve would operate to refill.

many thx rgate :LOL: is there a way of knowing if the header tank fills the ch system? i do have a 22mm pipe coming down from the loft to the system.
if i go into loft wat am i looking for (surely not 2 ball cocks 1 for each system)...thnx again

2 seperate header tanks in the loft ...1 for the hot water other for the CH

Sponsored Links
This tank is the small one as stated and also doubles as the expansion tank so you will see a pipe coming up from the pump and bending over to vent into the tank. The water level in the expansion tank also sets the level in the vent pipe so it should not be too high otherwise you will get a constant overflow into the tank from the vent pipe as the water heats up. Set the water level in the tank to just above to supply outlet pipe, usually about 2 ro 3 inches off bottom of tank.
Why are you asking ? do you have a problem ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back