final power shower question

J

josey

final question i promise, i've got the supplementary bonding sorted, i.e all metal work in bathroom, unless insulated by plastic pipes or location, i.e towel rail on wall to be bonded to all cpc of shower, lights etc.

supply from 6A mcb in cu, whole board protected by 80A 30ma rccb, (realise this is now not the most convenient way if lights go out when unit trips, but not caused any problems upto now, so don't seen the need to change it all for a split load board), i will fit a switched spur unit in airing cupboard fused at 3A and run from here to the shower.

question 1 : do i need to fit a pull cord in the bathroom as well as the switched spur, tritan installation suggests either/or but would like the opinion of the forum.

question 2 : instead of a normal switched spur, would a H29 unit be better, or is this not needed if the whole board is protected. If it is not needed, would it do any harm to fit it anyway, if i did fit it, it would ensure the shower was rcd protected, but which unit would you expect to trip first in the event of a fault.

Sponsored Links
fcu and pull cord for what?

but what ever it is deffinently a pull cord

josey said:
fcu for the power shower, 3A supply

It isnt necessary to fit an additional switch, but it is a good idea to have an isolation point as near as poss when water is around. I would providing your happy to do so.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back