replacing a power shower



hello, i am about to fit a new power shower, the existing unit had a 12v pump fitted which was supplied by a transformer in the attic, this was plugged into a socket(along side the transformer in the attic) which is wired from the central heating controller in the airing cupboard.

The new shower is mains 240v and the supply needed is 3A from a spur unit. I did think about changing the socket in the attic for a spur unit and also adding a pull cord switch for the shower in the bathroom.

Then i thought a better idea would be to use the spur unit in the airing cupboard that was originally used for the immersion heater(this is no longer connected), but still fit a pull cord switch in the bathroom. and change the mcb to 6A.

could you all give me some advice as to the regs etc, i thought 1.5mm t&e cable would be ok, I have some 1mm t&e but thought this a little small ?

any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
i would use 2.5, reason, what if some one changes the mcb back again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links