Finding a good double glazing supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I'm looking to have all our windows and a door double glazed but I have no recommendations on a good company. I've researched around Google but every company seems to have a mixture of good and bad reviews.

I'm based in East London and looking for sash windows.

Does anybody have:
- any recommendations,
- ideas on finding a good supplier, or
- important questions to ask before going ahead

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi
There are loads of good companys out there and loads of bad ones. We cover east london but i cannot give you our web address here. Pm me and if you like what you see i will give you a free quotation.

We used Anglian for our order and wished we hadn't. We've received awful customer service and have had our order delayed three times (we're still waiting).

I would go with a local company next time, they're much easier to get hold of and they're usually a lot more eager to please and are able to offer a better service than the bigger corporate companies.

We got quotes from two local companies- one was called Glen windows and they seemed v good quality, Anglian and another from Hazelmere windows. We went with Anglian because we thought a larger company would offer good service but we couldn't have been more wrong.

Good luck with finding a good supplier!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I forgot to add that you should ensure you have a delivery date stamped/ written onto your order form. The MD of Anglian was triumphant when we both discussed the order form not having a date on it (even though it had been verbally agreed- and each time we called to check status of our order they extended the delivery date) - it's our word against theirs and as claimed from the MD himself 'the order form is a binding contract'. They also don't record their phone calls which is probably for the same reason - there's no proof of when you're calling/ what they're saying.
Hope this helps.

I'm looking for double glazing as well. Just checked out the site that Jamie80 mentioned. Had a go at putting in some measurements, to see what info you need to put in. Will get my hubby to measure up our windows later to see what the exact cost will be. Thanks for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back