Finding a Square (Pyramid) Oak cover for 22mm pipe for Laminate Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a place that sells a square cover for the expansion gap around a 22mm pipe?

I am planning to lay oak laminate flooring but need to find a cover for an expansion gap around a 22mm (gas) pipe that is almost touching the skirting board.
I don't want to remove the skirting (and it would be really difficult around that gas pipe as the pipe comes so close to the skirting board from the floor and then goes through the wall just above the skirting board) and was planning to use scotia.

To make it look tidy around the pipe I think it would be best to use a square cover, that I trim down to accomodate the skirting, and then run scotia on both sides.
However, I can't find any square covers for 22mm pipes (for 15mm pipes I found this http://www.creative-wood-floors.co....-pipe-covers-rad-rings-collars-for-15mm-pipe/ but I am after somehting similiar in the right size)

Sponsored Links
How are your woodworking skills? Looks simple to make (in two halves, of course).

How are your woodworking skills? Looks simple to make (in two halves, of course).
Well, I fitted our kitchen and laid mutliple laminate floors. But I haven't done any 'general' woodworking or crafting.
I do have a circular plunge saw with a track for bevel cuts and I am sure I could find a 22mm drill bit.

But where would I find a nice but small piece of oak?

I just had the idea to order some (free) real wood flooring samples. If they are large enough, I might be able to make something, maybe...

Sponsored Links
Our main timber merchant sells solid hardwood lippings for door resizing. these are circa 7ft long, planed all round, and come in to us at about 48 x 10mm or 55 x 10mm (for 44 and 50mm doors respectively). They are normally some non-descript far eastern hardwood (for painted doors) although sapele mahogany and oak are available as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back