Finding a suitable light to mount.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have new railings, 1672193276227.png and I want to fit a lamp to light down 360° something like this 1672193443456.png this is from Screwfix picture of a Coach lamp but the base 1672193552968.pngis too broad, need to fit to around 1" square, but local shops say they can order for me, but can't show me a sample, so I have no idea if I can adapt the lamp. Since the one shown is made from Aluminium which does not really lend itself to welding, at £9.99 may be worth taking a chance, and seeing if I can adapt, but if it has a 20, or 25 mm screw for base then it makes it easy. I can weld a coupler 1672193992794.pngwith ease, so depends what can replace the base, open to ideas.

Sponsored Links
I don't want to touch the flat roof, at long last it does not leak, want it to stay that way. I have considered epoxy resin, but before I buy the lamp and try to butcher it, thought worth seeing if some one has a better idea.

I am also not happy bulb mounted at bottom, as LED bulbs tend to send most light away from the base, so likely needs some mirror like material in the top, likely tin foil. Considering removing the glass panels, and sticking on a Wyvern and bead blasting then refitting, as the Wyvern is on family crest, this should also help defuse the light.

Sponsored Links
Instead of trying to mount on just an inch of rail why don't you weld a triangle plate across the corner and mount it there on a bigger base?

Forget a lantern housing, just have a wyvern with a bulb holder in its mouth - go big or go home?! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back