fine scratches/scuffs in wood floors - novice needs help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have older hardwood floors (may be originals) that were refinished by the people who owned the house before us. they are generally in great shape, but high traffic areas are showing a lot of scuffing and dulling. There are also some individual scratches and patches here and there that I want to repair.

I was planning on doing the repairs by cleaning and applying ployurethane finish with an artist's brush, then buffing. (I found these instructions online somewhere.) But how do you deal with general fine scuffing? Does that generally need a full coat of finish on top of the existing one, or does polishing with cleaning/polishing products do the trick?

Sorry if these are really basic or dumb questions, but we are not terribly handy folks and are new to all this!

Sponsored Links
a2dal, I would treat and do a light sanding of the HT area rather than do bits here and there, personally I like to see a floor with some character or life in it especially old flooring useing a Poly vinish, cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back