Fingers Crossed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping to wake up to good news in the morning regarding the safe return of the Space Shuttle, godspeed.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, i am just curious......but does it really concern/bother you if the shuttle doesn't come back safely ??

StuH said:
Hi, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, i am just curious......but does it really concern/bother you if the shuttle doesn't come back safely ??
Doesnt bother me i couldnt give a monkies but it does concern me that people may have died up there and it would probably finish that research of space travel for a long time

20 minutes to go, so we'll soon know. I think they'll be OK - They're just being over-cautious seeing as the last one didn't go as well as it could.

I see now that they're landing 1500 miles from where they thought they'd be going - Are Ryanair involved in routing shuttle flights at all ?

Sponsored Links
Landed safely, a "textbook landing" according to the BBC correspondent.

Well done guys and gals!! :D

I thought it strange that NASA were very concerned about thunderstorms, especially as they had dismissed lightening as being the reason for the last catastrophe. :confused:

lets get this right then, so they build a vehicle, capable of travelling at massive speeds into space and navigating its way around the final frontier, but it cant land because of fog! Good old yanks! :LOL: :LOL:

its a glider...has no engine power(not mechanically propelled...(thermo ;) ))....i think they like the idea of having all poss odds on their side...why land with fog issues if u dont have to

StuH said:
That's a very strange question?? Of course it bothers me I don't wish to see them killed. :eek:

When i was at Cape Canaveral a while back the launch of a shuttle was delayed right up until evening time as it was a bit windy, found out later that week from the official at the base whilst on tour, in the guys words, take off isn't a problem as it will go up even in a hurricane, it's if anything went wrong and they had to glide back down, as it is unpowered then the wind creates a problem. In a way i was glad it was delayed till dark as it was such an awesome sight seeing it light up the whole sky and area as if it was almost daylight. I can just imagine how awesome a sight the Saturn 5's would have been on takeoff actually being there.

Sponsored Links
Back