Finishing a fully boarded roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just finished preparing and fixing a wooden canopy porch to the front of my house. It's got a fully boarded roof which is ready to be finished. I want to use tapco (or similar) lightweight slate effect tiles. I'm pretty capable with woodwork but I've never done any roofing or tiling, and the area I want doing is so small (600mm profile, 1 meter runs wither side of the ridge) so it's not worth getting somebody in if I can poss help it.

My question then - do I need to baton a fully boarded roof or can i simply fit the memberane and then fix the tiles/slates as normal straight to the boarding, finishing off with a ridge cap?

I'm a true beginner with roofing so any advice would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Why not use what you have on the main roof it will look more natural, I would use a piece of shed felt for underlay.

Thanks for the reply. To be honest the option of not using the same tile as the roof was simply down to the fact I wasn't overly confident using heavier tiles and I thought cutting them might be a bit of a pain, that was all really. I want to do this myself but only if I can do a decent job if it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back