Finishing an internal block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On our intergral garage conversion we have one long breeze block wall. This is the garage side of the cavity wall which has thermalites on the house side.

Whats the best way to finish this block wall? Plaster etc straight onto the blockwork or dry line then skim??

Thanks in advance.............

Sponsored Links
I suppose it will depend on if you want to insulate the wall or put any sockets or switches on the wall. If you do it may be better to batten it out and then board it which will give you room to run cables etc and insulate the wall.

thanks DAZB. The blocks are quite soft so not too much trouble to sink the sockets etc (which I have to do).

I think I'm being a bit dense about the cavity wall bit?? I'm assuming because its a cavity with the other side of this wall being the house ie centrally heated etc, that this garage block wall will not need insulating.

If by dry lining, I'll obtain less heat loss then I would if I just plastered it direct, I'll dry line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back