Finishing lining paper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a finish for lining paper to make it a bit more damage resistant? I have followed advice given on this site and used 1400 lining paper to cover up previously emulsioned walls that are flaking and pitted and it looks really good.
However, this is ok in bedrooms but I need to do the hall and as this gets lots of use, I wondered if there is anything you can use to finish the paper before painting that will make it a bit more resistant to knocks and scrapes.
Any suggestions? :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Acrylic Eggshell paint..

But I would go over the 1400 with 800 first, its got a smoother finish to it

You could also put Diamond Matt (Dulux) on the hallway if you dont want any shine to it. I use this in a school and it stands up ok considering the abuse it gets from the kids.

Sponsored Links
I must admit Diamond matt did occur to me too..but ive had nothing but grief with the stuff.

1...Its isnt a true matt finish, it has a very slight sheen

2...You have to be careful when you are rolling over the bits you have just cut in...it has a terrible habit of lifting the semi dry stuff up

3...It is durable, but I find it also has a slight roughness to it.

I used this product when it first came out...rang Dulux with my problems and got the 'we have never heard of that before'...routine.

An honest rep will tell you that it hasnt been the innovation they were hoping for...and these problams can be quite common.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back