Finishing of a drilled hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going to mount a TV on a brick wall next to my understairs cupboard. I'm going to drill through this wall a hole so I can feed the power and aerial through to the cupboard.
How can i finish the hole so i dont get brickdust coming through all the time. Is there some sort of plate I can fix to the wall?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Look for a brush outlet, or fit a twin back box and separate power and antenna faceplates

Nozzle

Or seal it with silicon: Stops the cable(s) moving and blocks drafts which are the two reasons why brick dust can be brought through.

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then please do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button. It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you.

Sponsored Links
I agree with Lucid, however, be advised that silicone doesn't like being painted over. Personally I would use a MS polymer such as Sixafex or CT1. They are about a tenner a tube though and you don't need a full tube. Decorators caulk would be the cheaper option, a quid or two, and it can be overpainted- however, it will shrink back as it dries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back