Cables Through Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to drill a hole about 25 30mm wide in a stud wall so that I can pass TV aerial and tv power lead through into a cupboard.

I will be left with a horrible hole in the plsterboard is there anything like a flange cap that can make the hole look tidy?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Or if you have a bit more money, put in a power and aerial socket.

Also, I think if you are putting LV (power cable) and ELV (aerial) cables through the same hole, you need to ensure the ELV cable is insulated to the same amount as the LV. Probably be fine if it's coax, but not ribbon.

Sponsored Links
Well, they're a conductor and usually carry minute amounts of current caused by EMF passing through them.
I consider them in the same category as network cables. Need to have sufficient insulation or a barrier because noone checks to see if your network/aerial cable is live before touching it.

Equally if you are using a masthead amplifier on the TV aerial the aerial lead may well be carrying 12V dc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back