Hiding TV and Aerial cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just mounted a 40" TV to the wall. I want to conceal the power lead and coax aerial flylead in a short length of mini-trunking to tidy things up. If I run them together in a single section, say 25 x 16, will I get "noise" on the aerial from the power lead?

Sponsored Links
I did this temporarily myself in 25x16 and had no issues. Had coax, CAT6, power and hdmi in there and it was fine.

Shouldn’t recommend it but just saying what I did! They do do slightly ‘nicer’ looking stuff for the job but it’s in the eye of the beholder as they say. Anything looks better than trailing cables

Did the same in my kids room. B&Q do some nice half rounded coloured trunking, so I bought one in cream which matched the wall perfectly.
I'm doing another one in the next few weeks, but this time I'll be pulling the cables up behind a plasterboard wall and fitting a socket with the wall mount.

Sponsored Links
Did the same in my kids room. B&Q do some nice half rounded coloured trunking, so I bought one in cream which matched the wall perfectly.
I'm doing another one in the next few weeks, but this time I'll be pulling the cables up behind a plasterboard wall and fitting a socket with the wall mount.

Thanks. Had thought of installing sockets but only a couple of feet visible above a chest and didn't seem worth carving up a brand new wall. I'll get some D-line trunking in the nearest wall colour (probably white!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back