Finishing plasterboard to plaster joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was looking for some help regarding taping the joints in a plasterboard wall. I've recently bought an old house and I'm planning on removing the lath and plaster on all of the outside walls of the property, insulating between the straps and then sheeting using insulation backed plasterboard (in order to preserve my cornice) due to cost I am planning to Ames tape the walls, however I'm not sure how to proceed with the corners where the plasterboard meets the old skimmed plaster walls. Would I just tape the corners the same as if both walls were plasterboarded? I'm a bit unsure about the adhesion to the plastered walls of the joint cement? Im going to finish the walls in 1400 lining paper then paint. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes just tape the internal corners, just as you would do if both surfaces were plasterboard. Adhesion will not be a problem.

Thanks for clearing that up Prenticeboysofderry, also would I get away with just using decorators caulk where the plasterboard meets the cornice?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back