Finlock/Concrete guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all!

I am in the process of purchasing a new house and one of my concerns prior to a home buyer report was the finlike guttering, now highlighted by the HBR due to it leaking and corroding the concrete window sill below also being the cause of damp in the master bedroom around the window.

So due to the above and my initial suspicions i am looking at getting some quotes for the guttering to be cut back and replaced (from what i've researched so far this seems the best method). My only problem is finding someone reputable, can any suggest any companies that they may have had carry out the work? possibly in or around berks/bucks

The main compaines that i keep coming across could be called dubious, especially after reading some of the reviews and comments posted on behalf of them on some forums

Thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
I had a customer with these she never did replace them just moved but looking into there does seem to be very little choice and some bad reports out there.
Have any neighbours had them replaced, a cheeky knock on the door and a big smile might give you some insight and come up with a recommendation.

Hmmm. moving out before i move in lol....

yes a few other have them replaced, may go knocking, i was thinking about it and I'm sure in all honesty they won't mind!

Thanks

Having them properly lined with something like EPDM would be much less disruptive and cheaper. The lining should then last a good 20 years with no problems.

Sponsored Links
Contact me through our website mate, don't want to ruffle any moderators feathers on here. Just google mw roofline. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back