Fire alarms compulsory with part P????

I think you`ll find thats door step sellers or online sales.
Not a trades person invited in by prior agreement.

Sponsored Links
NO - even if they invite you to their home by prior arrangement too.
It is a fairly new law and not many trades are aware of it

Why was he not entitled to the £7,000 for which he had the waiver?

If necessary deny any knowledge of the £10,000 job.

my understanding was they were now claiming it was one big job total.
Whether he`d be successful with the £7K but not the £3K and still get prosecuted I do not know.

Poor chap though anyway

Sponsored Links
Yes provided that he has given them that contract and notice of cooling off period and waiver BEFORE he started the works

Yes - I noted that too.

I guess a 7-day cooling off period would be a little onerous for some services.

I wonder if a crematorium needs to give a cooling off period? :D

Anyway back to the plot - I think by the sound of it the electrician the OP is siting might well be just the sort of person that this legislation was intended to stop.

I mean if you give a price for a rewire there might well be some good optional extras the customers want or even occasionally some extras required that the trader could not reasonably foresee (That would be rare though) but to say "Ha now you`ve said rewire my house I must add this that and tother and charge for it!" . That seems very naughty

Most would indicate there was something else amiss. Then give a quote and if not accepted and it was dangerous make a note of it.
Some might fix FOC if it was not major.

Either way the example given is a urine take by the customer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back