Fire and motion sensor that sends a text?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am quite often away from my home in the evenings and was thinking of getting something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMS-Alarm...9342?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item35d2667f6e
for a bit of security.

While I was googling for products it stuck me that one that was disguised as a smoke alarm that could send me a text when sensing heat and movement would be a good idea to warn me of break ins or fires.

Does such a product exist and if so any recommendations?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
lol

I was thinking have I let the cat out of the bag with a million £ money making idea. Anyone know how to set up a patent? :LOL:

I was thinking it would be handy for when Im away on holiday too. Any problems I would get a text and phone my neighbors or friends to pop round and check on things.

Sponsored Links
Bummer I was just doing a patent search lol.

Looks like a bit of a mess to set up and lots of batteries to change though.

I was thinking of just a standard looking smoke alarm with the motion sensor from my link built in.
One (maybe 2) batteries (Even a hard wired option), A heat sensor alarm and the remote fob to turn the motion detection alarm on and off.

From my experience most of these wireless things break down or lose connection at some point which was why I liked the built in sim card so it could just text me.

I found both items separately but not yet any that are built into the one box.
I might have to buy both and do some surgery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back