Fire door between house and garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that I need a firedoor bwteeen my garage and the house. On the side of the garage there must be a 100mm step to prevent any fuel leaking in to the house and a closure and strudent strip on the door. Does the fire door need to be for one hour burning ie a 55mm door? Anything else I need to be aware of on the fire door in such circumstance.

Sponsored Links
what's a strudent strip?
do you mean intumescent strip?

also, what help do you think a bunch of electricians can be with regard to firedoors?

someone will be along shortly to move this to the correct forum...

see told you... :p

30mins is sufficient, it ought to have a self closer and should have intumescent strips fitted. Out of interest no longer need a 100mm step down provided the garage floor has a fall and it falls away from the link door.

Sponsored Links
sorry to be ignorant but does the frame stop mean that the door depth is 15/20mm as I am trying to understand if I need to get a new door architrave on the doors as well as what fire door I need to buy. Thanks for your help.

Yes that's it .... 18mm or 3/4" for the old guys.

I could not remember the dimension :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back