New Garage Fire Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are planning on fitting an access door between our hallway and our garage because at the moment, we have to go outside to get into the garage.

I have done some research and believe that we have to install a 30 min fire door with a self closer, intumemescent strip and with a minimum 100mm non-combustible step down into the garage.
But I don't know about the rules and regulations regarding this sort of alteration and would appreciate any advice on this matter.
We are in Livingston, Scotland, the house is just under ten years old and I would like to know if we need planning permission or any other checks/legal stuff?

I would also like to know if you can use any door lining set as we are looking at an oak veneered one to match the oak door - I haven't seen any mention of fire rated ones even being available in my research.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Sponsored Links
A joiner can install intumescent strips into any frame. Not sure about planning and stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back