Fire doors

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Not something I usually do. However my house has those painted flush fire doors, with Perko closers.

I don't like the look of them.

I have found 6-panel moulded 30-min 44mm doors at Wickes at about £57 which I like. This seems to be a good price. One of the ones I looked at had a Premdoor label.

As I want 9 of them I thought I would be able to get a discount (this is about £500 :eek: ) but they wouldn't agree to more than 5%. And they charge per door for delivery as well, though I might be able to bargain it down.

Is that a fair sort of price? There is no large timber merchant in my small town, but I can get to Chichester or Portsmouth.

A separate point: They are very heavy and difficult for me to hang or remove for decorating and large furniture. I have seen lift-off hinges but they don't seem to be around any more for fire doors (old hinges are 100 x 60 3no butts and look quite thick steel). Can I use an ordinary loose-pin or lift off in a thinner/cheaper grade? The ball-bearing fire hinges are very expensive. I have an ordinary 3-storey house not in multiple occupation.

Sponsored Links
:( so it has to be a heavy one. I haven't got to get the ball-bearing £££££ sort though, have I?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back