Fire hinges with limited access

Thanks, I think we will try one, they are not very expensive. With the Fire hinges, we can tighten it enough for the door to close when the window is open but not when it is closed, and it must close the door in all circumstances.

Sponsored Links
If I took the panelling off now the tiles would be full of holes where the 2 x 1 was fixed to support the paneling.
That's not a problem which is intrinsic to the use of tiles.

Wood does not like steam, damp, being splashed and sprayed with water etc, which is exactly what happens to it in a bathroom.

Anyway - time will tell - see what your walls and ceiling are like in a year or two. At which point you might like to remove some of it to admire the world class collection of mould which will be growing inside.

Yes, they have been up a few years now but painted with Yacht varnish so holding up well except for 1 spot by the toilet. There are showers in the all bathrooms with Duma sheets on the walls> Great stuff wish I had done the whole bathroom with them. They are fire class 1 so I would still have the problem with the fire cert.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back