Fire stop foam 10ft reach gun needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have gaps on the dividing wall of a semi where the roof tiles sit. The building is victorian, and the bricks were left forming a staircase rather than being a straight line.

There was no problem till a month ago, as the ventilation to both roof spaces was equal as built 150 years ago. Unfortunately neighbour has just put a major extension to seal most of the exit on his side on the north elevation, Whenever the wind comes from the west or south (as it does often) pressure builds up on his side, and the easiest way out for the air is over the wall, and below the tiles, into our house.

As they chain smoke next door, we get the smell of a stale ashtray in our house. I think I could stop this by filling the gaps with firestop foam. Problem is, there is a wall parallel with the dividing wall only 14 inches away, and the gaps that need sealing go up about 12ft.

Does anyone know of a way of getting the foam that distance? It will have to be in sections as the max length that can be manouvered into position is around 6ft (possibly less). Would a length of pvc tube supported by sticks be an option? I'm sure I won't be the first one who needs to seal out of reach holes, so if someone has done it before it would be handy to know how.

Would the foam be likely to lift the tiles? They are 6 x 9 cement (Marley type). I can run a test to see what happens before I use it on the roof area.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back