Firebird combi 90 <Hot water turns cold>

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 6-7 yr old firebird combi 90 which is giving trouble for last three months. The central heating is running perfect but hot water only seems to work if the tap/shower is very slightly open. If I open them fuller it turns luke warm. Also can have fluctuations in water temp even when the tap is slightly open but mostly stays hot. Only thing I have noticed is that the burner takes a while to kick in compared to before but once started on hot water demand, it stays on.

Had a guy come and look at it, expansion vessel was changed as it was filling with water and I had to top up the boiler every 3-4 days, that seems ok now. After that he replaced the hot water pump as it seemed sluggish to him, with no effec. Next plan is to look at mixer valve followed by heat exchanger. Water does not ususaly form scales around here (no hard water) and I havent noticed any uneven heating of radiators and I think the boiler was installed by a professional ensuring the system was clean and delsluged.

Firebird have been contacted but they havent been very helpful.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Burner will not fire with HW demand until store stat calls for more heat which will be slower if lower flow rate is drawn. You have a problem with heat transfer either in the plate heat exchanger or blending valve. Most likely to be debris restriction in primary side of plate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back