firebird olympic oil fired combi boiler...no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a firebird oil fired combi boiler & when i try to turn the heating on nothing happens...the hot water is fine....it fires ok when i call for hot water...its just the heating...ive tested the pump & thats ok...but when i select the heating the pumps not kicking in??? can anyone help me with this problem,.....thanks

Sponsored Links
i guessed it could be that...but how easy are they to change on oil fired boilers?

Sponsored Links
no its got no motorised valve....just disconected the flow switch & the heatings working...so new flow switch.....thanks for your help anyway

So how does it switch from heating to DHW ???

Tony

You may not need a new flow switch. There are some around with a square paddle that sticks in the bottom of its fitting. Rounding the bottom corners of the paddle may work.

Same problem/same boiler. Flow valve microswitch diagnosed as open circuit.
Flow switch assembly replaced with a Sika unit from Firebird.They will not supply replacement microswitch which would have been the most economic remedy.But then - what's new !.
This required auxilliary wiring changes ( circuit drawing supplied ). Hope this lasts longer than the 5 years of the original.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back