Firefox screen jumping up and down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When working correct top of Firefox shows a line "Post a new topic - DIYnot.com _ DIY and Home Improvement - Mozilla Firefox" but when it's playing up this line keeps disappearing and reappearing causing the rest of the page to jump up and down and for me to click on the wrong item as a result.

I have a feeling that it may be connected to Norton 360 virus checker but unsure on this I have not used Norton for some years but this lap top came with it already installed.

I am sure I am not the only person to have this problem. Tried to use EI but that's even worse so any ideas please.

P.S. the outlook problem was it seems due to 2003, 2007 and 2011 office all being installed and 2003 was not being seen as default program. Deleted 2007 and 2011 which were evaluation copies and all worked as it should. Computer was pre-used by my late sister a computer analyst so it's taking so time to return back to normal.

Sponsored Links
Sounds odd. It renders correctly here (Firefox 20.0).

I suppose I would: check Firefox is up-to-date; or try clearing the web cache (but that's grasping at straws).

If you think Norton AV is causing problems are you able to swap it for another anti-virus system?

i have avg and super anti spyware free editions on firefox here no probs

Sponsored Links
Un-install Firefox and reinstall.

Hard to make suggestions when all you have said about system is that it has Firefox & Norton installed.

Try going to Firefox 'Help, menu and click on 'Restart with add-ons Disabled'.

No indication of operating system etc. - nothing!!

I remember that a Firefox jumping window could happen if the Bookmarks Toolbar was showing but had no bookmarks in it. I thought this was cured ages ago but perhaps changes could have reintroduced it. Worth mentioning just in case. The cure was to either put some bookmarks in the toolbar or turn it off.

I tried using Internet Explorer but it failed to start. I went to internet setting and changed the start up screen to blank but still no look with Internet Explorer but oddly with Firefox the screen has stopped jumping.

Fingers crossed.

Could be related to this forum’s theme. It is a responsive theme that adapts automatically based on screen size. Try resizing your browser.

Sponsored Links