firetuf and pyro

yeah round pin plugs can't be used on 32A ring cuircuits, the mk plugs with the T shaped earth pins and the keyhole style plugs can as they are fused like ordinary 13A plugs.

Sponsored Links
not strictly true Mk do a fused version of round pin plug this has the fuse in the body like square pin's do, in the old days there were round pins that the live pin was a fuse in itself which you unscrewed and replaced with another pin when blown.

yes you can get fused BS546 plugs but you don't know what someone will plug in so you have to assume they will be unfused ones.

the wiring to these sockets is protected with a 5amp (i think) fuse anyway, back at the UPS. Wire comes out of 1st FCU, into UPS, back into 2nd FCU and on to computer and 3 tills. Think it's 5 amp because those leads that connect to the UPS are rated at 10amps aren't they (computer power leads, cant remember their name), unless the people who installed it sourced some 10 amp plug fuses . . .

OOI, what is the maximum current Cat5 can carry? Our wireless network transmitters (for handheld guns) seem to run on the cat5 cables alone. Thought they might need some power from elsewhere to transmit.

Sponsored Links
IEC connectors are rated at 10A but many of the leads are only 5A flex.

IEC leads made with 13A flex usually have a 13A plug fuse in my experiance though i preffer to use a 10A one especially if i think it might be used in a way that could result in overload (for instance being further split).

Are the plugs red and say EPOS in white on them?

They are also available in blue IIRC for UPS's

We use them in comms rooms for free standing equiptment as they prevent accidental removal.

Push in and then turn clockwise 45degrees.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back