Firewire problem or video camera?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have installed a firewire card so that I can connect my Sharp miniDV camera and get the videos off of my camera. The problem is that I can't. When the camera is plugged in and turned on, XP doesn't recognise the camera at all. It recognised it once and then it disappeared. Can someone please help !!

Sponsored Links
Have you installed any software for the camera interface? If so, did you install the software before connecting the camera?

Also have you unplugged the camera whilst switched on? Firewire is very susceptible to damage this way, you must connect/disconnect with PC and camera off first.

Sponsored Links
sorry for bringing up old post but this is same problem I have. I put a pci card in (cheap one :oops: ) connected camera all ok. Next time I put firewire cable into p/c It went in wrong way round very easily as female socket on pci card is very soft, as I discovered when I looked behind the jumble of cables at back of p/c :( . Obviously fried something sooo!! Thought this might be a warning to newbies like me to double check when connecting firewire.

Back