First garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Below is a picture of my back garden (first house), it looks a bit odd because I had to take two pics and merge them together (couldn't fit it on one pic)...

backgarden.png

Anyway, I plan to re-do the garden with as little money as possible and by keeping it simple.

So far I have knocked the brick BBQ wall down as it was falling to bits, have pulled the shed down as this was the same, and have cut both trees down (right hand side next to neighbours fence).

My future plans are to replace the fence, remove the badly laid patio, make it level and re-lay a new patio in the same place (or power wash the old ones - depends if these will come out looking like new ones as I will need to buy a few more than I already have), powerwash/paint the wall between the grass and the patio, remove all of the grass/soil on the right hand side and make it level (so in the end there will just be two levels), and gravel the bottom of the garden (so it will just be top half patio, bottom half gravel).

A shed will need to go in the bottom right corner in the near future so need to future proof whatever goes on here (don't get much light there which is the reason for moving the shed position).

Views/opinions welcome, never done anything like this before so I could do with all the advice you have!

Cheers! :D

Sponsored Links
you maybe need to make a list of the potential uses your garden might have... e.g.

sunbathing
grandkids football.
water feature
home produce
big family bbq's
croquet

etc etc you get my drift
Only then will you know if you want a huge pond for your koi carp, or wooden deck to die for ?

Sponsored Links
No plans for decking/ponds/water features etc.

Just a nice patio/gravel garden with table and chairs to chill out at summer :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back