First tiling job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Phew, first ever tiling job done and out the way - pleased with the look, hope it all lasts!

View media item 64871View media item 64872View media item 64873View media item 64874View media item 64875View media item 64876
I had to take down the ply that the builders had put up, and that was all replaced with tilebacker stuff, as was the bath side and cupboard. the mosaics are 3mm thick, the white tiles 6mm thick so that also caused a headache. I have underfloor heater (electric) so the floor tiles were sealed first, layed with flexible adhesive and grout then a little more of the protective stuff. Laying tiles around the bog and sink sucked a lot but I had no chance of having it ready for when the builders needed it done.

The job took me months, I remain amazed how the guys in the trade can do it so quickly while remaining sane!! I'd be interested to know how much a pro would charge to do a job like this... I'm sure it'll be worth paying next time I think a job like this will be "over in a few weeks...."

The remaining problem I have is getting a curtain pole of some type to fit. As you can see from the photos the bath is hexagonal and fits in a 45 degree corner. That in itself would be okay, except for the fact the roof slops away at one side so I can't use an off the shelf rigid or flexible one. The current idea is to buy marine grade stainless tube and fittings (as used on yachts for handrails) and knock something up with a pipe bender.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
chrome pipe and pipe bender will be ideal for you

If you have a friend who is a plumber he may be able to help ,the bends can be done quite easily with a hand pipe bender

I did consider this but the chrome plating wont last so will show corrosion through after time, but more important the fittings i could use wont really but up to the job. I'd need some sort of cup/socket to feed the pipe into then a grubscrew to stop it rotating. I don't think copper is upto it, alas :(

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back