First time buy, wiring any good?

Sponsored Links
Buy it then! Stop worrying about unimportant details like the sockets!

Agreed. I don't say this lightly, I've just spent £300k on a 1930's semi!

Discovered some interesting things once I'd moved in, but it's all part of the fun.

Agree also with the neighbour comments. Try and pop around to the area on a few free weekends/evenings or something and see how things look. This is what we did and I'm really happy with our purchase. Don't forget, an offer isn't legally binding, so get offering, and if you do discover anything seriously wrong, start talking to them, and if they can't resolve it, then you pull out.

Agreed. I don't say this lightly, I've just spent £300k on a 1930's semi!

Discovered some interesting things once I'd moved in, but it's all part of the fun.

Agree also with the neighbour comments. Try and pop around to the area on a few free weekends/evenings or something and see how things look. This is what we did and I'm really happy with our purchase. Don't forget, an offer isn't legally binding, so get offering, and if you do discover anything seriously wrong, start talking to them, and if they can't resolve it, then you pull out.
Thanks and Happy Christmas! I don't think the street would be as neighbourly as we are used to as there are quite a lot more houses and it is on the edge of a Town. We have already driven back about four times in the evening. Parking is pretty bad, but we have our own drive way for two cars which is better than we have in our current rental place.

All of the houses around us are private owned, so the chances of the neighbours being ok is slightly higher I guess :)

Sponsored Links
err I wouldn't bet in that. But, I'd always like to check the neighbours in some way - why not knock on their door, say you're looking to move in next door and can they give their opinion of the area....you're looking to assess them, not their opinions, but they won't know that. The internals look great so don't stress the smalll stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back