Fischer Expanding foam gun

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
s-l1600.jpg

has anybody ever taken one apart?

I took thr part-used canister off the other day, the valve must have jammed because I had a volcano of foam (had wisely taken it into the garden)

I quickly sprayed the gun externally, and in the orifice, with gun cleaner, screwed the cleaning canister on and sprayed it through. The foam came out rather slowly so I fetched another cleaning canister and put that on. However the cleaner can was not empty, there must be a hardened partial blockage in the gun. The cleaning fluid now comes out clean, but still blocked. The nozzle opens and looks clear. So it might be at the trigger valve.

not an expensive item, but it must be pretty simple. Anyone know how to take it apart?

Sponsored Links
The only way to make these guns last any length of time is to use them constantly and never remove the can (which must be partially full and under pressure). Even then they don't last forever. The cleaner is never 100% effective in my experience, either, so once they start to get blocked it's time to get a new one in readiness for the old one to die. The insides are rather like a spray gun - valve at the front, long needle, spring and back cap - actually pretty simple

The cleaner can really should be used right after the jobs done on uncured foam. Doesn't work so well if at all on cured muck.

Sponsored Links
It can be stripped down and cleaned, if you leave a cleaner can on it and give it a squirt every few days it softens up the inside before cleaning. Foam eater can be used on any cured foam but needs leaving a while to work.Once dismantled you can leave all the small parts soaking in cleaner.

Last edited:
On mine I found the ball bearing with spring just inside where the can connects was not moving freely. I removed the can holder part, removed spring and bearing, and cleaned it all.

When re-fitting, take great care not to over tighten the can holder, I did not and broke it off. Fortunately I had a spare one from the previous dead gun, and was able to fit that.

For the cost of a basic gun, which actually looks IDENTICAL to the Fischer one I had, it wasn't really worth the effort except that I needed it right now!

yes, it might be that. I couldn't shift the can holder (mine is black plastic) but I prodded and scraped the ball, and tried it with gun cleaner. A bit freeer but still not right.

the new one arrived today and the old one is in the bin.

I stripped and cleaned my similar one but it was never the same after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back