Fishing advice

Sponsored Links
Buy 2 good 3lb test curve rods, decent shimano bait runners, decent bite alarms and all the terminal tackle to go with it. Then find a good carp or cat venue, spod about 10 kilos of bait out, cast your rods and sleep in your bivvy for 2 weeks.

Sombrero, if your forum location text is correct then you are in an ideal place to go fishing.

The river Avon is supposed to give excellent sport and you should approach your local fishing clubs, they will help and advise you about fishing - where to fish and with what methods.

Float or fly fishing on the Avon should give you hours of whiling away the time, walking along the river banks to find new spots etc rather than sitting in the same place all day with carp rigs.

A good 12" float rod, reel and floats for trotting etc.

Talk to your locals, ask other fishermen you see on the bank.

Sponsored Links
His location is fake, he lives in Derbyshire I reckon. He will be on later when he is pi555ed. Oh, and LMB has nailed it; he wont fish.... ever.

Martian, I would try easier locations than the lochs in Scotland if you ever buy the stuff. Its a 5 or 6 hour drive to get to the lochs - even from Derbyshire. Now I've given you good advice.......

Sombrero, if your forum location text is correct then you are in an ideal place to go fishing.

The river Avon is supposed to give excellent sport and you should approach your local fishing clubs, they will help and advise you about fishing - where to fish and with what methods.

Float or fly fishing on the Avon should give you hours of whiling away the time, walking along the river banks to find new spots etc rather than sitting in the same place all day with carp rigs.

A good 12" float rod, reel and floats for trotting etc.

Talk to your locals, ask other fishermen you see on the bank.

Mattylad, this is my 2nd incarnation on DIYnot... I was martian, and MrW hates me... lol.

And my location is derbyshire, but I do get to Scotland occasionally, and would like to fish off a boat in a Loch...

And on a serious note, fishing seems far more technical these days, than when I was a lad !

His location is fake, he lives in Derbyshire I reckon. He will be on later when he is pi555ed. Oh, and LMB has nailed it; he wont fish.... ever.

Martian, I would try easier locations than the lochs in Scotland if you ever buy the stuff. Its a 5 or 6 hour drive to get to the lochs - even from Derbyshire. Now I've given you good advice.......

MrW please grow up and realise where you are.... it's not the court of human rights here, it's a DIY forum.... take a chill pill mate..

OK, advise still the same but use another river lol.

Google your local fishing club and ask them for advice, no point kitting up for sea fishing if you live in the middle of the country and cannot get to the sea, same applies to other methods.

Join your local Freegle group and ask if anyone has any fishing tackle they no longer use.

Immy, I care not if you think I hate you. (LMB has no time for me, but I understand why). I don't, but I doubt you will fish. I was trying to give advice, and explain your location was fake to save people wasting their time with locations, when your miles away. What exactly are you gonna fish for on the loch's? Do you even realise the depths when your out on your boat?

Stick with a local water that can give you good sport.... 100 odd miles south and I'll take you with me carping, or cat fishing. Just bring your rods, your tackle and your bait. Cant say fairer than that can I? Ill bring the bivvy, the air bed, the carp chairs, the generator, the BBQ, the food and all my gear. Or, Ill met ya in North Spain, where all the gear is supplied. 178lb cat is my pb (I wont show piccies on here).

(LMB has no time for me, but I understand why).

Not true, we fell out once that's all. I told you this before soggy.

Anyway,
Martian could spend 3 hours in the biggest fishing tackle shop in the country.

His shopping trolley would still be full to the brim with F*ck all. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back