Fishing HDMI + Power diagonally behind masonry wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Was hoping someone could help us out! The previous owners of this property used to have a wall mounted TV. When they left they removed everything, understandably. But - I'm left with two decent size holes to fish cables through if I want to wall mount my TV over what used to be a fireplace. Wall is masonry, already has the necessary mounting bars for the tv, but I just can't figure out how to fish cables through a diagonal section as below:

Ty4SX63.png

The two black boxes are holes, about the size of a fist. Wall is hollow behind a layer of solid brick.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Power cables running diagonally is a bit of a no-no. The argument is that they should run either vertical or horizontal in case someone is drilling or knocking a nail in to the wall. In your case you're alrwady behind a layer of brick, but it's still a consideration.

Anyway, for the job invest in a cable fishing kit. Something like this will do. It's a set of semi flexible rods that screw together to make progressively longer lengths. Attach the cable on the end and pull it through.

[Did we help? Then use the THANKS button. It's free and it marks good advice for other readers]

Power cables running diagonally is a bit of a no-no. The argument is that they should run either vertical or horizontal in case someone is drilling or knocking a nail in to the wall. In your case you're alrwady behind a layer of brick, but it's still a consideration.

Anyway, for the job invest in a cable fishing kit. Something like this will do. It's a set of semi flexible rods that screw together to make progressively longer lengths. Attach the cable on the end and pull it through.

[Did we help? Then use the THANKS button. It's free and it marks good advice for other readers]

thanks! I'll give that a shot - hopefully they're strong enough to hang diagonally! I had to buy a larger set given the attached wouldn't be long enough to get between the holes... Will let you know how it pans out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back