fit Bathroom before plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have just finished framing all the internal stud walls in a new property and have got someone plaster boarding all the walls ready for plastering.

I have all the copper pipes and waste coming through the floor inside the studs, so the only boxing in will be a short run for the toilet.

The plumber has told me to do the following.

Board the internal side of the bathroom walls, then tile all the areas that are to be tiled. He will then fit the bath, shower tray and basin.
I am using a concealed shower valve and he said it is a lot easier and a better finish for him to fit all pipes from the other side.

Once he's finished the walls can be insulated and boarded.

Although this is the easier option, is it possible to have all the copper tails and waste coming through the board and then fitting everything.

I'm asking because the plasterers won't start until every wall and ceiling is ready, but it will delay them for another week or two if I have to do it the way the plumber is saying.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your plumber is correct it will look a better job. I have just done my bathroom and was advised not to tile on to plaster board around bath /shower but use tile backer moisture resistant board.

Sponsored Links
As you can guess, I've got all the other tradesmen giving their input.

I would have preferred to fit a concealed shower valve, but by the looks of it this has to be done from the other side of the wall. I can't see this being possible with both sides of the wall boarded.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back