Shower enclosure fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

I'm just about to fit a new shower tray and enclosure to my en-suite.
I have stripped the stud walls back to the studs. Is it wise to fit the shower tray now flush up to the studs and fit the plasterboard around the tray or fit the plasterboard then the tray?

Also, i'm not sure what order to fit the plumbing and electrics for the electric shower. I want these concealed in the stud wall but is there an easy way to locate them once the plaster board is up?

Cheers
Tom

Sponsored Links
better to fix water resistant boards (wickes supply one) specifically for the job, boards first, then shower tray,silicone seal, tile, then seal again. prior to finally fixing the tray you will need to set up the waste and trap. just leave your electric and cold water tails sticking through the boards at the desired height , off centre, to allow the shower head to be centralised.

Cheers for the quick reply mate.

Is it essential that i used water resistant boards?

not essential , just wise. if your tile grout breaks down, wich it can over time, then you have the added protection of the durable wallboard, wich, unlike plasterboard, wont break down when subjected to extremes of damp.

Sponsored Links
I would second that , and say Very wise..........loads of showers have mouldy disentegrating p/board behind them, only seen when they`re changed.Compromise is W/proof board@bottom, p/[email protected] 12.5 mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back