Stud wall shower cubicle???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be shortly building a part stud wall shower cubicle in my old bathroom.As you look at the shower the right hand wall will be the exsisting brick/plastered wall the back & left hand sides will be stud.

This is the order i was going to do things

1 measure up

2 Build stud work

3 Fit Aqua Panel to stud work

4 Fit shower tray

5 Tile/grout/silcone

wasnt sure if steps 3 & 4 should be swapped round

I think i know the answer to this ,could i get away we aqua panel upto 1200mm and use plaster board above

thanks

Sponsored Links
I think i know the answer to this ,could i get away we aqua panel upto 1200mm and use plaster board above
I wouldn't because the grout are not waterproof for a start, will be false economy in the long run. Also just my opinion I would never use tiles in shower again, I always used shower wall panels type and a lip shower tray without having to worry about sealant problem, always best to get it right at the beginning, I have learnt the hard way ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back